Announcement of the selection of the Head of the Green Finance Institute
The Green Finance Institute (GFI) will be established with a mandate to act as a centre of excellence and knowledge in the field of sustainability and green finance, developing guidelines and methodological recommendations for green assessment, informing, and advising both financial market participants and public authorities on the implementation of European Union (EU) and national green requirements and on the disclosure of green information. In the future, the GFI should gradually expand its activities from the core function of environmental sustainability ("E") to other ESG areas ("S" and "G").
The Green Finance Institute will be established as a structural unit of the consolidated National Promotional Institution (NPI), under the authority of the head of the NPI, and will be autonomous from the activities of other units of the NPI.
Green Finance Institute activities:
- Development of methodologies and guidelines to assess the green/sustainability of financed entities and projects.
- Advice on sustainable finance: Consultation to private and public and private sector stakeholders on the EU Taxonomy Regulation, national and EU legislation on sustainability assessment and disclosure, the EU Taxonomy Regulation, the EU Regulation on sustainability disclosures in the financial services sector, the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive, Green Claims Directive;
- Education and outreach: regular education and outreach to stakeholders, training programmes for sustainability rating experts and dissemination of information on sustainability;
- Public-private sector liaison: coordination and cooperation with all stakeholders, including ministries, the Bank of Lithuania, financial market players, etc;
- Advising policy makers: supporting reforms and initiatives to improve the clarity and attractiveness of Lithuania's regulatory framework as a jurisdiction for sustainable finance, advising ministries on sustainable incentive financing instruments and guiding them in the design of development programmes;
General requirements for the candidate (required):
- University degree or equivalent;
- No less than 3 years of experience in leading team.
Special requirements for the candidate (to be evaluated):
- Knowledge of EU and national legislation on sustainable finance;
- Knowledge of the requirements and good practices of the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Knowledge of financial markets, public and private financial instruments;
- Ability to represent the field both in Lithuania and internationally;
- Skills and experience in developing and implementing business strategy;
- Skills for cooperation with stakeholders;
- Leadership skills;
- Very good Lithuanian and English language skills (written and oral);
- Effective team motivation;
- Good public speaking skills, communication skills, ability to express ideas in a clearly and structured manner.
It will be considered as a strength (to be evaluated):
- Work experience in green finance and/or ESG fields;
- Experience in the financial sector;
- Experience in change management;
- Experience in international environment.
Value proposition(s) for the candidate (required):
- Impeccable reputation;
- Not involved in any relationship with other persons, whether natural or legal, which would cause a conflict of interest in the performance of their duties.
Basic monthly salary from EUR 6600 to EUR 8500 before tax. Variable remuneration may be paid, the payment of which is regulated by the remuneration and performance evaluation policies.
Documents to be submitted by candidates:
1. Curriculum Vitae (CV), (free form);
2. Cover letter;
3. Candidate's consent to the processing of personal data (A form to be submitted by the Executive Search and Selection Agency).
Representatives of Executive Search and Selection Agency “Master Class LT” may be requested to provide additional documentation demonstrating compliance with the general and specific requirements and independence criteria set out above.
Deadlines and contacts
- The deadline for submitting applications is 14 working days from the date of publication of the selection, i.e. up to and including June 27
- Please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line 'Selection for Head of Green Finance Institute'.
- Paulina Svirnelytė, email: email@example.com, +37062040469;
- Irena Švelnikienė, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile: +37061137468.
Confidentiality is assured for all candidates.